As promised, links to everything in yesterday’s Woodsy Bedroom Makeover! A few items are vintage, but if you have any questions let me know in the comment below. Woot!
1. Minted Buffalo Art 2. Newgate Covent Garden Alarm Clock 3. Gold Rio Tealight Candleholder with Wood Base 4. Black and White Pinstripe Vase 5. Brass Nook Pivoting Wall Sconce 6.World Market Black Graphic Rug 7. White Mudcloth Pillow – Warrior 8. Refined Chevron Vases 9. HGTV Home for Sherwin Williams – Retreat 10. Throw Blanket – Black – Threshold Additional items: Soft Modern Collection Side Table, Sauder Queen Headboard
1. Minted Eucalyptus Leaves 2. Bronze Deer Head Metal Wall Decor 3. Cantilever Floor Lamp Brass – Threshold 4. Plaid Linen Square Throw Pillow Cover 5. Thai Hill Tribe Vase 6. Soft Modern Occasional Chair 7. Gray New Zealand Sheepskin Area Rug 8. Natural Tree Stump Side Table
1. Round Mirror Brass 28″ – Threshold 2. Black Globe with Brown Wood Stand 3. Wood and Marble Geometric Paperweight 4. Stone Bookend – Gray Marble 5. Black + White Striped Boxes 6. Banana Leaf Round Brooklyn Tote Basket 7. Cross Base Terrariums 8. Eden Rue Collection Credenza
I’m excited to share a new room makeover I have been working on! This was a fun one, because you all know how much I love color, but I wanted to try something different this time around. My friend Brittany just moved into this amazing house and is doing DIY renovations room-by-room, so I offered to help her out and design the guest room. I’ve been wanting to paint dark green accent wall in a room for a while now, and this room was perfect because of the large windows on the opposite of the wall that keeps the small room from getting too dark. And since the house is a little outside of town on a couple acres of land, I thought a modern woodsy vibe would be a great way to tie in the greenery inside and outside. I am in love with the black and white buffalo art, so I got an oversized print for above the headboard, and carried the black and white accents throughout the rest of the room.
The wall had some insane texturing, so Brittany and her boyfriend spent hours and hours sanding it down, and then painted the walls, ceiling and trim all white which made the room look so much bigger. We also changed out the light fixture to a clear one to draw less attention to the lower ceilings. To give the space more height, I added a tall fiddle fig in the corner, which was a major score from a new green house I checked out a couple days before finishing the room. It fit perfectly! #meantobe
I also have to give a little love to Brittany because she’s also a entrepreneur, and has a company, BritKali, that sells super chic cases and bands for your FitBits and Apple watches, check her out!
Brit’s dog Lenny wanted in on the action, and fit the color palette perfectly! More pics after the break! (more…)
On the walls of a bunch of the room makeovers I have been working on, I’ve been loving adding faux taxidermy! Mixed with flat art, they add some dimension and interest to the walls. Plus, there are so many fun options out there right now, you can find one that works with any space. You could absolutely get crafty with this project and break out the metallic spray-paint, or paper mache to create a custom version. I stuck with neutral picks, but you could brighten up by painting the antlers a bold color! Which is your fave?
1. World Market Metallic Wire Spring Bok Head
2. CB2 rudy the wall hanging copper deer
3. Houzz Faux Deer Head, White, Copper
4. World Market Paper Mache Animal Bust Collection
5. Hobby Lobby Geometric Moose Head Wall Decor
6. Target Metal Stag Head
7. Target Oryx Head Wall Décor
8. HROOME 3D Puzzle Wooden DIY Model Kit Moose
9. Hobby Lobby Bronze Deer Head Metal Wall Decor
10. Brayden Studio Large Faux Taxidermy Antler Rack Wall Décor