This week was one of those weeks where I set the productivity bar super high, and a couple projects went awry, derailing my schedule…anyone else have a week like this? Ugh. Well, I am hopping on a plane tomrw to host an event, and I promise to be back with more DIYs, and my entryway style ideas, soon. In the meantime, I tracked down some your favorite oversized mirrors from yesterday’s post. Here ya go!
1. Ikea Stockholm Mirror 31.5″
2. West Elm Parsons Round Mirror – Herringbone 30″
3. Pier 1 Eternal Natural Wood Framed Round Mirror 36″
4. “Porcupine Quill” Mirror: Ivory Tip with Black Frame and Gold Accent Border 32″
5. CB2 Victor Leather Mirror 24″
6. Pottery Barn AUSTEN MIRROR 31″
7. CB2 Mick Natural Wall Mirror 40″
8. Umbra Hub Wall Mirror by Umbra 36″
9. Privilege Wood & Copper Hexagon Wall Mirror 31″
10. Home Depot Flagler Geometric Wall Mirror 30″
I have been playing around with the entryway of the studio, and love the idea of adding a big hanging mirror! In true Jenni style, I bought multiple options: an oversized circle one, a thrifted hexagon one and a smaller wood one…but I can’t decide which one to put up. So I poked around the internet to find a little inspiration and there were SO MANY amazing ideas I had to share. The plan is to style up a couple different options and let you all pick your fave. Stay tuned. And in the meantime get inspired by these!
INSPRIATION VIA | 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
I have been trying to ignore the fact that fall is on the way, because that means that winter is soon to follow, ugh! In an attempt to see the positive in the end of summer, I am doing a little shopping and upping my sweater game. I had to share some of my picks, what’s your fave?
1. Madewell DOUBLE WINDOWPANE PULLOVER SWEATER
2. H&M – TEXTURED-KNIT SWEATER
3. J.Crew ITALIAN FEATHERWEIGHT CASHMERE STRIPED BOATNECK SWEATER
4. Endless Rose EXAGGERATED SLEEVE SWEATER
5. Madewell STRIPED LACE-UP SWEATER
6. Topshop LIGHTNING BOLT SWEATER
7. J. Crew TIPPI SWEATER IN JACQUARD DOT
8. Kate Spade MIX IT UP SWEATSHIRT
9. Scotch &Soda NORDIC PULLOVER
10. Shades of Grey ANORAK CAPE
Last weekend, my family and I had an end-of-the-summer BBQ and my little sister whipped up her go-to dish, veggie pasta salad. It was a hit, and she was telling me that it was simple enough for even for me to make. So when Barilla® reached out and asked me to make a pasta dish to promote their 11th annual Go Orange to End Hunger™ campaign, I had my recipe ready! One in five New Yorkers is food insecure. That’s why Barilla is joining Food Bank For New York City to rally New Yorkers to join in volunteering, donating and advocating for neighbors in need.
For my pasta recipe, I switched things up a little, putting in my personal favorite veggies, and opting for the gluten-free pasta, which tasted exacting like regular pasta (and cost the same!) which is a huge win for people like me who are trying gluten free, but still need their pasta. I was so happy with how simple this was to make and how delicious it tasted, even my sister said she was impressed!
Check out the recipe after the break. And get involved with Go Orange to End Hunger™ by volunteering at the Food Band for New York City this week, donating (more information on how here) and/or advocating with #GoOrangeWithBarilla on social media. In addition to the 500,000 pasta meals that Barilla will be donating in support of Go Orange, the company will donate an ADDITIONAL pasta serving for each person who donates, advocates or signs up to volunteer, up to one ton! (more…)