Hey All! Excited to be DIYing with the amazing Refinery 29 (check out the post here). For my first project I figured, why not add some fun to a fall sweater (inspired by this photo), and what can put you in a more jovial mood then pompoms! With a few stitches you can give a basic sweater an upgrade, and create an eye catching item to sport as the weather turns chilly. Warning: admirers will ask to touch.
Needle and tread
1. Thread your needle, then tie a knot at the end of the thread.
2. Start on the inside of your sweater and stitch up through the center of the pompom, then back down through the pompom and the sweater. Repeat 2-3 time to secure the pom to the sweater.
3. On the inside of the sweater double knot the two ends of the thread. Trim excess thread. First pompom done!
4. Continue to sew on pompoms in lines on the sleeve. Stagger ever other line, or sew on in a random pattern.
5. After you finish the front, cover the back of the sleeve.