DIY Decorative Wood Platter
I have been having so much fun playing around with Krazy Glue Wood Super Glue. There are just so many home decor projects you can make out of wood scraps, like this Cutting Board Wall. I went to the Urban Wood Lab a few weeks ago and got an off-cut of wood with the idea of turning it into a cool wood platter. I find these thrifting sometimes, and always scoop them up to put on a coffee table or a built-in, so I thought I would make my own!
DIY Platter Supplies:
Wood slab (or you could cut down a 1×2 with a miter saw. Make sure to adjust your measurements so the groupings of 3 create a perfect square)
Krazy Glue Wood Super Glue
Semi-gloss lacquer topcoat
– Cut wood into 1x3in pieces, I used a table saw and a miter saw.
– Stain ⅓ of the wood pieces in a darker stain color.
– Group your wood pieces together in 3’s, with the stained wood in the middle.
– Use Krazy Glue Wood Super Glue to adhere the groups of three together.
Optional: If you have clamps, you can use them to hold the three pieces together. It helps get a really tight seam between the pieces of cut wood.
– Let dry. The glue dries in just 6min, so not a lot of wait time!
– Then use the Krazy Glue Wood Super Glue to glue together the squares. Rotate every other square to create a cool pattern.
Tip: Don’t worry if a little glue gets on the top of the board, that will all disappear when you laquer it. And if you have a T square, you can lay that out and use it as guide to make sure the sides of your board are straight.
– Let all the glue completely dry.
– Final step is to brush on a lacquer topcoat. The intention of my platter is to display decor (It’s not food safe) so I used a semi-gloss lacquer topcoat. Brush on one coat, let dry, then brush on a second coat. Let dry!
My favorite way to style these wood platters is on top of a stack of books on a coffee table, or on a built-it. Also great for a side table. You can set drinks on, like a very stylish, large coaster. Can’t wait to see yours!
This post was created in partnership with Krazy Glue.
EXPLORE MORE: DIY PROJECT