MY DIY | Glitter Cupcake Bunting
Happy Monday! I think starting a new week is enough of a reason to celebrate with cupcakes, don’t you think? #becauseyourock. And if cupcakes were not already amazing enough, I figured I would add some flare in the form of glitter bunting. With a couple of snipes and some washi tape covered skewers, we create a super cute way to dress up your cupcakes; perfect for any event, graduation party, Summer soirée. Bonus Tip: Scotch® Glitter Duct Tape works great because you get the textured look of glitter without the mess (and no glitter falling into your frosting)! Step and supplies after the break…
What you need:
Scotch® Glitter Duct Tape – Blue Turquoise, Hot Pink and Jet Black
Scotch® Expressions Washi Tape – Black Stripe
Note: Follow all Scotch® Brand package instructions for proper application and approved surfaces.
What to do:
1. To create bunting flags, use scissors to cut 12 strips of Scotch® Glitter Duct Tape in Blue Turquoise, to be approximately 1-inch thick each.
2. Determine how long you want your bunting to be and cut a piece of string to size. Add the strips of duct tape to the string by folding the middle of each strip around the string so that both halves are equal, spacing them to your liking.
3. Using the scissors, cut mini triangular pennants out of the duct tape starting from the bottom of the each strip and cutting towards the string.
4. To create the sticks for the bunting, wrap the wooden skewers in Scotch® Expressions Washi Tape in the color or pattern of your choice. This project used Black Stripe.
5. Tie your bunting around the sticks and place into the cupcakes, ensuring that the tape does not come into contact with the cupcakes. Happy celebrating!
This post has been made in collaboration in Scotch Brand, thank you for supporting my amazing sponsors who make I SPY DIY possible!