HOLIDAY DIY | Festive Fourth Straws & Bunting
The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday! Year after year I have a no-fail plan: parade in the morning, followed by a backyard barbecue, and topped off with fireworks at night. Even though the festivities are always the same, I like to switch it up with new decorations in order to add more patriotic flair to the picnic. Use glitter tape (obsessed!) to add a little sparkle to your straws, and packing tape to create some quick and inexpensive bunting! Steps and supplies after the break.
TUNE IN! If you are looking for more ideas, watch Good Morning America tomorrow morning, I’ll be creating some last minute projects for this weekend’s bash!
What you need:
Cutting knife and mat
White contact paper
Scotch® Expressions Packaging Tape – Red Scroll and Teal
Scotch® Expressions Glitter Tape – Platinum Glitter and Teal Blue Glitter
Note: Follow all Scotch® Brand package instructions for proper application and approved surfaces.
What to do:
1. To create festive straws, first cut four one-inch strips of Scotch® Expressions Glitter Tape in either Platinum Glitter or Teal Blue Glitter. Wrap the middle of each strip around a straw and make sure the tape is at least two inches from the top of the straws so it does not interfere with drinking.
2. On top of a piece of white contact paper, write “Happy 4th of July” in block letters. Carefully cut out the letters using a cutting knife on the mat.
3. At the end of each tape strip, make two diagonal cuts towards the middle of the tape to create a pennant flag shape. Adhere your contact paper words to the glitter tape, one word per straw. For more flair, add additional tape flags to each straw.
4. To create bunting flags, first cut a piece of string to your desired length. Then, cut a piece of Scotch® Expressions Packaging Tape in either Red Scroll or Teal Polka Dots.
5. Then, fold the piece of tape over the string so that the two sides stick together. Then, cut in a “V” shape.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 to create additional flags to fill the length of the bunting.
This post has been made in collaboration in Scotch™ Brand, thank you for supporting my amazing sponsors who make I SPY DIY possible!