MY DIY | Bold Geometric Wall

ispydiy_paintedwall7

ispydiy_paintedwall5

ispydiy_paintedwall3

ispydiy_paintedwall9

ispydiy_paintedwall8

ispydiy_paintedwall

I have a white wall that is just asking for some color, so I was pretty jazzed when Dutch Boy Paints asked me to go crazy with some of their bright hues. First up: create a design that would serve as the prefect backdrop for my new table and yellow chairs. I wanted to combine a few of my favorite cool colors in a geometric patterned, so marked off the triangles using painters tape and got to painting. After just two coats, the final result is beyond bold and brilliantly bright, I love it! Next, experimenting with a bright yellow, and then hot pinks. What do you all think, too bold or would you give it a try in your living space?

Color guide: (all colors are available at Menards):
Sweetened Green (127-4DB)
Cabana Stripe (130-6DB)
Surf’s Up! (136-6DB)

ispydiy_paintedwall2

ispydiy_paintedwall6

ispydiy_paintedwall11

ispydiy_paintedwall1

This post was made in collaboration with Dutch Boy Paint. Thanks for supporting the amazing sponsors who make I SPY DIY possible!

EXPLORE MORE: DIY PROJECT

COMMENTS

1. Henriette says:

Omg it looks SO nice! 😀
    I love how you play with colors, I wish my husband would let me do that in our house, but I’m only allowed in the kidsroom 😉

2. Michelle says:

Looks wonderful and reminds me of warm summer days. Awesome!

3. Jess says:

Ah this is amazing! I wish I had the guts to do this to my apartment. I feel like I would get it all wrong though haha x

Jess | It’s That Time For…

4. Michelle says:

Looks fantastic! It really DOES show off your yellow chairs so much more then the white before picture.

5. Olá Jenni! Sou sua super fã! Acompanho seu blog já faz um tempo, acho que é a primeira vez que comento aqui. Amo seus projetos e vivo namorando o seu ateliê, ele é lindo! Sempre me inspiro em você para alguns de meus projetinhos. Esse post da parede geométrica por exemplo é algo que estou querendo fazer lá em casa e eu amei a dica.
    Seus posts sempre me surpreendem, você é super criativa. Amo seu blog!
    Bjos
    Layde Linhares

Looks great. Love the colors. Love the bold look.

7. Paige says:

I love the colors you chose for this wall! It’s so fun!

Paige

8. sharon says:

Love this post. It took courage for the bold colors. Looks very nice.

9. Lauren says:

Love this wall, the colours look great together
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

10. Actually it was not so bad “before” 😉 I love White as a colour, maybe combining it with some of the colours that you have used and it would look amazing. Otherwise it does look good nonetheless 🙂

• PUP | I feel silly w