MY DIY | Tiny Picture Gallery Wall

ispydiy_picturewall2

ispydiy_picturewall5

ispydiy_picturewall8

ispydiy_picturewall7

ispydiy_picturewall6

ispydiy_picturewall3

I love getting my hands on new gadgets and exploring all the DIY possibilities they come equip with, which is why I was so excited to receive my new Intel tablet. Before I did anything, I had to test out the camera to make sure that it would bring my Instagram game to a whole new level. While taking selfie after selfie, I had the idea of creating a DIY gallery wall using some of my favorite Instagram shots and the tablet’s Intel RealSense technology to make some fun edits to the pictures. Unlike anything I’ve ever used before, RealSense technology allows you to write and doodle in mid air as your creation comes to life on screen. These elements allow you personalize your gallery wall in a way you’ve never seen before. We printed out all our pics framed with unfinished wood frames, adding neon touches to the corners. Check out the steps and supplies after the break…

ispydiy_picturewall9

Ispydiy_photowall copy

Dell Venue 8 Tablet with RealSense technology
Dell Active Stylus
Wooden picture frames, we used these square ones
Photo paper
Favorite snapshots
Paint
Paintbrush
Painter’s tape
Adhesive strips

What to do:
Upload and save your favorite pictures to the Dell Venue 8 Gallery app.
Open the photos individually within the app and locate the edit button. Using the Dell Active Stylus, add text or fun graphics to your pictures.
Crop and format your photos so that they will fit snugly within the picture frames. If you’re frames are square, Instagram shots work perfectly!
Arrange your picture frames in a desired layout. Use painter’s tape to map off where you will add color, and then paint these areas.
Print and insert your edited photos into the picture frames. Finally, hang the frames on the wall using adhesive strips to create your one-of-a-kind DIY gallery wall.

This post was made in collaboration with the Intel. Thanks for showing love to my sponsors who make I SPY DIY possible!

ispydiy_picturewall10

EXPLORE MORE: DIY PROJECT, Home DIY, Tech DIY

COMMENTS

1. This is so awesome! The wall looks incredible, so cool!

2. wendy says:

This is so coolie for a boring wall! And its different as a usual photo wall 🙂

3. Really Really amazing! Walls look awesome, i want to buy it

4. Patricia says:

awesome admiration.
    I do not think I have the gedult hundreds of small frame on the wall to align. and also to paint…
    great idea and great implementation!

Best, Patricia from http://blog.fancythoughts.de

1. Jenni says:

Haha! we started with one and used a ruler for spacing. easier than it looks!

5. sara mcavoy says:

What an amazing idea! Great post! Gives me the motivation to be creative!
    xx

6. Stephanie R says:

This is such a cute idea! I really love that all of your photos are bright and fun!

7. Mimi Ho says:

Love this DIY so much!! I’ve been looking for a way to decorate the empty wall above my bed and this is perfect. Can’t wait to start this DIY!

8. Paige says:

This gallery wall is amazing! I want to do this in my dinning room!

Paige

9. Diane says:

Just curious if it’s worth signing up for Darice to get these…..this is a perfect idea for a gallery wall at my daughters first birthday! How much were the 48 frames?

10. Lucianna says:

This looks so great! I love the colour on the frames 🙂

11. Julita says:

Instagram on the wall, – very creative!!! 🙂

12. Dayana says:

Such a fantastic idea. Might just have to give it a go.

Thanks 🙂

13. really, really LOVE your idea! it’s so much more fun and colorful than the traditional way…really lets you put up a lot of different pictures without being too overwhelming! a must-share!

– Kathy from http://www.ayellowgiraffe.com

14. I love this DIY! All the little images are so cute! The colours creeping in from the corners is a super adorable touch! This is what I’ll be doing this weekend!

Please check out my blog littlemiss-blogger.blogspot.co.uk I have only just started up. But I would really appreciate some support and feedback!

This is very cute but looks like a lot of work. Very nice.

16. I love this ! Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea ! 😉