I SPY DIY STUDIO | Fiddle Fig Leaf Tree

ETC

ispydiy_fiddlefigleaf

ispydiy_fiddlefigleaf1

Welcome to I Spy DIY Studio new Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree! I spotted this tree the other day and had to have it for the studio, it’s giant! 9ft…maybe taller? I am honestly a little nervous because I have pretty much killed anything that has made it’s way into the studio. But I am committed to keeping this one alive! I have been reading up on care tips, but do you have any tricks for keeping this guy growing and thriving?

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree for Form Fine Goods

EXPLORE MORE: ETC

COMMENTS

1. Best of luck keeping this alive! I am the same, I have killed 3 bonsai trees but determined to keep my 4th alive – it’s lasted 2 months haha

With love, Hayley x

1. Jenni says:

Good luck!!!

2. It’s so beautiful. Your studio is looking amazing and I love that giant plant (:

3. rebecca says:

I adore the fiddle leaf fig tree! It’s a shame my apartment doesn’t get enough sunlight to keep this tree alive. I love having plants around and if there’s one rule of thumb I always stand by is to not overwater! Since the fiddle leaf fig tree has big, beautiful leaves, I’d probably wipe them every once in a while so dust doesn’t accumulate on the leaves and reduce its ability to photosynthesize 😉
    ❤
    munchies&musings

1. Jenni says:

So smart to wipe down the leaves, Thanks!

4. Shireen says:

I make sure I spray the leaves once a week and sometimes I keep him in the bathroom if he needs some extra love. They love the steam apparently! Good luck x

5. Jamie says:

Honestly i have killed 1, kept 2 alive. The one thats still alive almost died on me…. my best advice is don’t fuss over it to much, make sure there are no drafts near by, don’t over water, make sure it drains, & they like sun but not to much direct light. Once you start messing with it to much they die… best of luck!

1. Jenni says:

Ohhhhh, smart. Thanks for the advice!

6. Brooke says:

Fiddle leaf figs are my favorite!!! I have two. One looked super healthy when I bought it, the other so so. I have managed to keep both alive! I too am known for killing everything! The day that the “so so ” looking one sprouted a new leaf I was SO excited! They need lots of sunlight, I water them about once a week to every 10 days. And you need to dust off the leaves occasionally so that they can actually absorb the light. Yours is stunning, I’m really jealous! 🙂

1. Jenni says:

Ohhhhh I did not know about dusting the leaves! I will, thanks!

7. LOVE fiddle leaf figs! I just need to go get one! 🙂

Circus & Bloom
    ♥♥♥

Just follow the instructions and you will be fine. Good luck.

9. Sandra says:

Looks very elegant 🙂

10. Lauren says:

I was given a Fiddle Fig Leaf plant when I moved into my first apartment 3 years ago. It’s still growing strong but has gotten that big! And it’s still holding strong after all my other plants have passed away. And I don’t have a green thumb at all!

1. Jenni says:

Glad to hear! Gives me hope!

11. Gouu says:

I’ve never heard of a Fiddle Fig Leaf plant before, but I’ve been wanting to add more flowers and greenery to my house and room ! These guys sound like a good start, thanks for sharing ! 🙂

xoxo, http://www.fortheloveofgow.blogspot.ca