MY DIY | POM POM PRINTED PILLOW

DIY PROJECT, Holiday DIY

ispydiy_Sweaterpillow2

ispydiy_Sweaterpillow3

Sweaterpillow_step5.1

First, Happy End of the Week! Second, I have two new DIY pillows to add to my growing collection of black & white pillows.  First up, a holiday printed pillow with a little splash of color (because I love making pom poms). The second is made from the coziest sweater in my closet. I loved the texture so much I thought it would get even more use as a pillow on my couch, and it is not disappointing in its second life…so comfortable!  Steps and supplies after the break!

BTW if you are looking for another stamped print pillow, check out my pineapple pillow. Or add pom poms to a tote like this DIY. And if your want to know more about my printed chair, I reupholstered it in this post

Ispydiy_B&Wpillows3

Pom Pom Printed Holiday Pillow:
Carving Block
Carver with assorted  cutters
Fabric Ink pad
Pillow Case
Yarn
Scissors
What to do:
First, draw your tree design on the carving block.
Then, carve away everything outside of the tree.
Press stamp into ink and create a pattern on your pillow.
To make the pom pom:
Wrap yarn around three finger
Next, take the yarn off your hand and tie another piece around the middle of the yarn, tie in a knot
Then, cut the loops
Trim uneven ends
Next, sew pom poms on to your pillow corners.
Done!

Ispydiy_B&Wpillows2

AEO Striped Sweater
Scissors
Needle and thread
Fray Block (optional)
What to do:
First, cut off the sleeves and the neckline of the sweater to create a square.
If needed, use fray block to stop unraveling.
Turn sweater inside out. Then, whip stitch the neck and arm holes closed.
Turn right side out, and put pillow inside.
Whip stitch the bottom with matching thread to close.
Done!
 Sweaterpillow_step6
This post is part of a Holiday DIY collaborating with American Eagle Outfitters. Thank you so much for supporting my amazing sponsors who make I SPY DIY possible!

EXPLORE MORE: DIY PROJECT, Holiday DIY

COMMENTS

1. Andrea says:

I absolutely love that pom-pom pillow!! It’s so cute! 🙂
    xo Andrea
    Wonderful and Marvelous

2. Jenn Kelly says:

These pillows make me smile! SO chic and creative. I’m also a big fan of black/white anything.

Jenn

thecremebruleeblog.com

3. Neeny says:

The pom-pom and tree one is so cute!
    And that other one looks so soft and cuddly!
    Great Idea 🙂

neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

4. Natalie says:

This is amazing and looks so chic! I might have to have a go 🙂

5. Lovely idea! I must try this out, you DIY’s are to easy to follow. Thank you

6. Moda says:

Lovely idea ! Thank you share ♥♥♥

XO,
    Moda
    Evde Cilt Bakımı
    Saç Bakımı

7. Sarah says:

Hi I am a new subscriber! I have always wanted to try and make a pillow and you make it look so easy. I would never have thought to make a stamp to make a pattern like that, I love it!
    `Sarah

Now Is The Time

8. Sarah says:

Hi I am a new subscriber! I have always wanted to try and make a pillow and you make it look so easy! I would have never have thought to make a stamp to make a pattern like that, I love it 🙂
    `Sarah

Now Is The Time

9. sharon says:

Love the pillows and the colors. It’s the holiday season. Time to start decorating.

I really like the idea. What type of pillow did you use to stuff it? It looks vaguely familiar.

11. Oh this is just adorable. I love the poms poms. creative as always! Your blog has inspired to do more DIY

12. AnneorShine says:

What a great way to recycle older sweaters!

LifeAnnStyle

13. These are soooo cute! I love the idea of using a cozy sweater to make a pillow, genius! 🙂

14. Keenan Maire says:

This is the sweetest tutorial. And by “sweet,” I mean flat-out-fabulous. I’m 100% going to be trying this. And when I inevitable succeed in botching it up, I’m going to send you a wailing email begging for personal lessons on how to be wonderful and perfect, like you have so beautifully demonstrated.

Oh, just leave me here to swoon.

1. Jenni says:

Hehe! Happy to help anytime!

15. These are fabulous! I think I might make them for my daughter’s bedroom! You would like my Christmas mason jar DIY http://nestingstory.ca/diy-christmas-mason-jar-candles/

16. Emma says:

Aw, that is so cute, adorably, I think I will do this for all my pillows in my bedroom.
    Thank you for posting such a great idea.

Emma

17. Poppy Jones says:

Love these pillows! :))) Found how to use my old jumpers 🙂 Thanks!

18. I love these ideas, I’ll defiantly be trying them out!

• PUP | I feel silly w