MY DIY | Turquoise Spike Necklace

DIY PROJECT, Jewelry DIY

Last week while at the Renegade Craft Fair I ran into my friend Tracie who runs the amazing bead, charm, and jewelry supply shop in Williamsburg called Brooklyn Charm. We got to talking about some turquoise beads I saw on @brooklyncharm instagram and she was sweet enough to show me how to make my own necklace with them.  Details after the break!

Turquoise Spike beads
Gold round beads
Chain
Cable
Crimp bead and crimp bead cover
Crimp Pliers
(All supplies can be found at Brooklyn Charm, or call and they can mail supplies)
What to do:
Thread the cable through the end of your chain
Fold over the end and thread on your crimp bead
Crimp the bead so it makes a hotdog bun
Then use your pliers to pinch the two sides (close the hotdog bun)
Use the crimp bead cover to hid the crimp, close with the pliers
Next, string on your gold beads and turquoise spikes onto the cable.
Thread the cable through the other side of your chain, and add the crimp bead and cover.
Cut of the loose cable.
My chain already had the clasp attached, but add if yours does not.
Layer with all your other necklaces!

EXPLORE MORE: DIY PROJECT, Jewelry DIY

COMMENTS

1. cleartheway says:

I LOVE how this turned out and appreciate the tutorial. I’m glad you did this instead of swimming in the hotel pool. ;-]

Kate from Clear the Way

2. dela belle k says:

Love this! I want to attend jewelry making classes. I will look into it!

3. This necklace is stunning. Another fantastic DIY.

Dejhana | Waite A Little

4. Sam says:

Oh, I love this so much! Love all of your projects!

xo from a huge fan!
    Sam
    DIY Huntress

5. Kacie Cone says:

Wow I love this, so gorgeous!!

6. Janine Maral says:

well i know what i’ll be doing this summer..

– Janine

7. MakeandMess says:

It’s beautiful! I always wanted to make this kind of necklace with mountain crystal, but I have no idea where to get beads of this form. Anyway, love the turquoise one as well!

8. Justine J says:

That looks amazing! Definitely one of my favourite DIYs ever! If only I could find these beads somewhere… Gonna keep my eyes open! 😀

BRIGHTON DREAM

9. aiyana jane says:

this is gorgeous. turquoise is my fav!

10. Mckenzie says:

Lovely! Gonna have to try and find these beads.

11. Lys says:

So nicely done. Beautiful necklace!

12. I wish I could find so many amazing beats here in the area, love these! Great necklace! xx

13. drama says:

Cute necklace! Turquoise is love <3

14. Love this idea.. Thanks for the awesome share (as usual)

15. ne-on says:

It’s great! Definitely gonna do one on my own 🙂

NEON MIZZLE

16. Anonymous says:

Love this necklace. This is so stylish for the summer with your cool denim shorts.

17. Lauren Kerr says:

i saw you were making this on instagram, rather than being in the pool you crazy chick. finished necklace looks great though, i love turquoise stones.
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx
    bloglovin

18. Vivian Rowe says:

I love the color of this necklace. It’s also very stylish. I wish I have the materials to create my own. Anyway, this is an inspiration for me to make my own necklace. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Check this out!

19. Liana says:

Oh wow, such a gorgeous necklace dear, brilliant DIY! <333 Loved it, thank you so much for sharing!

Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

20. Sophie says:

Wow, this looks like an expensive necklace! I love the DIY, can’t wait to try it out myself. Thanks!

21. Love this!! I’m a huge fan of turquoise jewelry and this caught my eye right away. So simple, yet so chic. I’ll definitely have to try this!

By the way, I get my studs and necklace chains from M&J Trimming and it’s actually 15% off all chains right now until 8/31/13. I’d totally check it out. They have such a wide range and all of the chains are so durable and cute. The coupon code is “CHAIN201” and here’s the link http://www.mjtrim.com/chains.html

Thanks for sharing your idea! Really an awesome necklace 😉

22. Laura says:

Hey! Your necklace is so beautiful, couple of months ago I also shared on my blog turquoise necklace DIY ( here: http://laurabei.blogspot.com/2013/02/diy-statement-necklace.html ), but I think mine is quite edgy and yours more subtile. Maybe turquoise is more maching with golden colour than silver! Thanks for inspiration

23. Nice Idea! I like the design of this necklace, it is light weight and will definitely go great with any outfit.

24. Hola DIY says:

Oh woow so amazing!

25. Kavita Moza says:

yeah!! i really like the designs..
    i wanna try this great Necklace

26. I am loving this DIY project…! The color selection is the best, it looks pretty and is very simple to create!

27. june olsen says:

love this…great tutorial!!been wanting to do some jewellery DIY for a while…maybe this is the one….thanks for posting!!

28. Ashly says:

I found these beads at Michaels and had the necklace finished within two hours of finding it online. I love the way it turned out and plan to wear it often! Thanks so much for the tutorial. 🙂

• PUPS | cutie!