My DIY | Ombre Neon Dress

DIY PROJECT, Fashion DIY
After seeing this blazer at Lucky FABB I became obsessed with creating my own version. Since it’s warming up, I elected for a tunic instead of a jacket, but the technique will work on most cotton articles of clothing. The process is super simple when using Tumble Dye, which I discovered from one of my reader’s dyed denim DIYs
The color is even more intense IRL!

Steps, supplies and tips after the break

Supplies:
White Cotton Tunic or blazer
S.E.I. Neon Lime Tumble Tie Die
Water
Dyer

Step-by-step:
1. First shake your dye vigorously
*I found the spray bottle it comes in does not have the most consistent spray, I would suggest buying a cheap trigger spray bottle and pouring your dye into it.
2. Spray the bottom few inches with the neon dye, leaving no white space, flip and do the same on the back side.
*Put a piece of newspaper between the front and the back of the dress
3. Next dilute your dye by filling the bottle up with water
4. Spray another couple inches upwards to create the fade effect, flip and spray on the back.
5.  Let the garment completely dye
6. Put in the dryer for 20 min to set
*Hand wash in cold water the first time

EXPLORE MORE: DIY PROJECT, Fashion DIY

COMMENTS

1. I love your blog and all your great projects! This type of dye is my absolute favorite. It’s super easy to use. I can’t tell you how many projects I’ve done with it.

I love this project you did. I can’t wait to try it tomorrow. Yep, tomorrow. I’m inspired.
    Thank you!!

2. Hannah says:

I love your DIYS especially this one! This looks really easy to do, i can’t wait to try it out!

3. That’s cool! 😀

4. cool cool cool! I am gonna try it but not with a neon color, I seriously don;t like all this trend about neon colors, it reminds me of elementary school when we were painting each other with our neon pens… 😀

In Whirl of Inspiration

5. Nothing could be simpler and the result beautiful, as always! I leave the link of my latest DIY, a jacket inspired by Giambattista Valli. http://www.desdetenerifeconamor.com/2012/06/diy-giambattista-valli-jacket.html #

6. mrsgypsy says:

Really nice! I love neons.

7. love your DIY, I try this!!

Giveaway MARNI AT H&M on my blog!
    FOLLOW ME ON MA COPINE REBECCA BLOG!

8. Anonymous says:

I love the bright colors for spring. You look great.

9. Hannah F says:

So cute! I need to try this!

10. what an amazing and easy project!! i was so excited when you posted the picture of the blazer… waiting until you´d come up with your own method to recreate it!
    YAY!! it looks awesome!
    XO jannine

11. it’s THAT SIMPLE!?? Can’t wait to do this!!

XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

12. Now, I’m so not a DIY girl, but I want this!!!! I need to try it! wish me luck!!!!

7eventh Letter

13. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!

14. Anita says:

Awesome. I’ve been looking for a less messy way to dye clothes with this trend…I’m dyeing to try this out. 😉

15. The result looks great and the process is so simple.

Such a great idea to spray it straight on. When I first saw the photo I was thinking of dip dying but this is way better!

Shai

16. Anonymous says:

I looove the post!

ilaktionova.blogspot.com

17. i love what you decided to do with these dyes, and great idea by watering them down. this might have to be my next project, and would probably be a lot more accepted to wear in the office than my tie dyed denim…which, by the way, thanks for linking to!

– kristi at prêt-à-porter palm beach

18. I love the idea of diluting the dye after the first layer to really get that dip-dye effect. You also gave me a new dye to try!

Looks Great!
    ~Amy

19. Vanessa says:

I love DIY ! But more i love you and yourself stuff ! 🙂

20. Wow, what a great outcome!!! I want to try this one, I’m so obsessed with neon! And ombre!

21. Margo says:

Wow- I love this! Can’t wait to try it!

22. Anonymous says:

Love your post. This is such is good idea for spring.

23. Anonymous says:

ahhhhhh so nice and cool. Love the color.

24. hannah says:

This looks so beautiful! I love it x

25. Kryn says:

So could I do this with RIT dye?

26. Demeter says:

wow! It’s great! I like it better than the blazer.
    I love the lime color, so perfect for the summer, fresh and acid!
    Demeter

27. anjelais says:

This is such a good project! I’m definitely doing this for the summer.

28. Anonymous says:

Could you try the ombre on maybe a white shirt or a skirt? Just a suggestion?

29. Sasa says:

Lots of ideas come to mind. Thanks for the inspiration!

• TRAVEL | France